Saturday, July 4, 2009

Abe the Angel


"Abe the Angel"
9.5 x 19.5 inches
acrylic on masonite
(early 2007)

It perplexed me why I received a lot of compliments on Angel Abe. I didn't like it until just recently. I think what I like about it is the glowing aura and the shape of the banjo. It has it's strengths and they overpower the weaknesses. I would suppose this is a good start for a budding artist. Some people would joke that it is impossible for banjo's to be in heaven because they actually belong in hell. I beg to differ with those people, it is truly an instrument of the angels. Well, at least the glowing redneck angels.

I love hearing stories of people dying then returning to their bodies. Many of them claim to see people that glow. Perhaps we all glow right now and can't see it. But frankly, if I see a glowing person I am going to be very afraid and I will lose bladder control. Ghosts, angels, etc., they are all equally scary to me. I'd rather see a Frankenstein monster, zombie, or vampire before a ghost.

No comments:

Post a Comment