Thursday, December 11, 2008

Latenight Lincoln




















When I painted this I was working the Northwest Unit at the State Hospital. It was quieter than i've been used too and was not prepared to have the whole night to paint. The ladies I worked with talked about going shopping on "Black Friday" for hours and hours. They were online looking at different store openings, talking about how poor they were, then ultimately convincing themselves they had to buy that Xbox 360 for their husbands. Funny ladies. Anyhow, I am not a talker and was not interested in talking about Black Friday, so I painted how I felt....tired. I ate the greatest meal of my life for Thanksgiving, just a few hours earlier. I was hopped up on Triptophen. Me and Abe were one in the same.

"Latenight Lincoln"

11x14 Acrylic on artboard, framed

No comments:

Post a Comment